Thursday 4 February 2010

la belle personne




Beautiful French movie with Léa Seydoux (she reminds me a bit of Anna Karina) and Louis Garrel directed by Christophe Honoré.
La Belle Personne is based on a French classic La Princesse de Clèves (1768) by Madame de La Fayette.
The atmosphere of this movie, that does not takes place at the royal court as in the book but at the high school, is so convincing as much the performances of all actors involved.
At last I have to mention the music ( mostly by Nick Drake - I can´t believe that I had not heard about him before I watched this movie - his work means so much to me now), all songs were chosen so well that they complement the story perfectly and add to the whole movie special depth.
You can find the movie uploaded on YouTube if you´re interested.

Here is the trailer



No comments: